Saturday, July 28, 2007

#36 - I Collect!

This was the most recent 'thon game, but I can't be bothered to e-mail it in time, plus it won't win so whatever.

The prompt is to write about what you collect.

I collect bells. I'm not sure off the top of my head how many I have, but I know it's around 200. Why do I collect them? Well, the first one that I got originally belonged to my Nana. It's a pretty silver bell, painted black with blue and green stripes, and a silver handle that twists around at the top and has a leaf on the twist. It sounds ridiculous when I try to describe it, but it's awesome. I found it in the basement one day when I was like 6 or 7 years old and my mom told me I could have it, and told me about collecting and said I could collect them if I wanted. So I started buying bells at touristy gift shops on every vacation. My Aunt Mary started sending me bells for my birthday and Christmas. And thus, a collection was born.

My favorite bells... I have one that Cristina gave me for my 20th birthday, it's a really large bell, and it's a gorgeous dark red glass. I have one that Julia bought me at Busch Gardens; the handle is shaped like a castle. There's a special place in my heart for that original bell that belonged to my Nana; I call it my apple bell because of the apple leaf that's on it.

No comments: