Saturday, July 28, 2007

#31 - Chihuaha, Chihuaha, Wipe the Sweat, Wipe the Sweat!

I just changed the channel to ABC Family because Kyle XY is on at midnight. Apparently Grease was on just before Kyle XY. I turned it on right as "We Go Together" started.

Grease was my first musical.. I was in it in Spring 2001. And I still know every step of the dance to that song. It was the first number we choreographed. We were split into groups based on where we would be, and then each group was assigned one phrase (ramalamalama, shoobopshoowaddawadda, etc). I was in the "Chang chang, changity chang shoobop" group. We had to choreograph our phrase, and then teach it to the rest of the cast so we could put it all together.

Matt Berger was in my group. I have a very distinct memory of him teaching our phrase to everybody else. On the first chang, you raise your right leg and touch your ankle with your left hand, then switch for the second chang. Then on changity chang shoobop, you swipe your right hand across your forehead, then your left hand. The way he taught everyone to remember it was to pretend you're a mailman and you're being chased by a vicious little puppy who's biting at your heels and you're trying to smack him away while you're running. Chihuahua! Chihuahua! Wipe the sweat, wipe the sweat! :)


Matt Dallas is so adorable. I love Kyle XY so hard!

4 comments:

Julia Hanneman said...

Wow.

That was better.

kd said...

I just write it as it comes to me!

Was there anything specific you wanted to see? lol.

Julia Hanneman said...

no. in fact, i should go to bed.

kd said...

if you're still here, erin needs to know something about spanish. imperfect whatever.