Saturday, July 28, 2007

#10 - See You in Solla Sollew!

Last night, I went out to see two of my good friends, Walid and Scott, in a production of Seussical. It was SOOOO good! Wally played the Mayor of Whoville, and Scott played the Cat in the Hat. It was actually way better than I expected it to be, lol.

Every time I see some of my younger friends in a play, I start to miss theatre again. I know I've made the right choice in dropping it, because for my mental health it's really not worth it. I love it so much (I'm minoring in it!) but it makes me so miserable. I was really seriously depressed all throughout high school, and now looking back on it I can't help but wonder how much of that was related to my participation in theatre. Last summer, I was cast in a production of Godspell with Wally and Scott, and within less than a week of rehearsals I started feeling like I had before. And it's really not worth it to me. I'll continue studying it, but I can't work in it. More power to those who can! I'll just have to be content in watching. And maybe my English degree will lead me to be a theatre critic! We shall see.

No comments: